Whenever you’re considering a spine and/or pain procedure, getting a second opinion is essential. It’s the best way to ensure your procedure is, in fact, the right procedure for your condition and the least invasive option.
Here’s what distinguishes Us from your other options.
Reasons to Get a Second Opinion with IME One
- Unlike many consultation services offering second opinions, IME One is one of the select programs that is NOT looking to have you travel to our physician's office, or to convince you to have your procedure with our physician. To the contrary, we believe that by remaining purely consultative, we can remain entirely objective in our recommendations. In essence, offering you an opinion that we would offer to a family member. Although you have the option of seeking a second opinion with our physician's practice via the traditional method of a formal clinic visit, we also offer the opportunity for a virtual second opinion.
- IME One is one of the select spine & pain consultative programs for second opinions that provides the opportunity for a direct conversation with our consulting physician. Such one-on-one conversations welcome dialogue, provide us with more personal insight into your medical condition, how your particular spine and/or pain condition is affecting you, and your goals seen in terms of operative or non-operative outcome. Our personal conversation with you allows the opportunity for your related questions to be answered more thoroughly.
- We understand the value of your time. A virtual second opinion from IME One provides the opportunity to avoid taking valuable time off from work. Virtual consultation means that you no longer need to travel to a major academic center–or to an entirely different geographical region–in order to obtain a high quality spine and/or pain opinion from a fellowship trained, board certified physician specializing in the field of spine and pain medicine . Spending hours waiting in a physician’s office filling out duplicative medical history and insurance forms becomes obsolete. A virtual second opinion provides the opportunity to schedule your personal conversation with our spine & pain physician at a mutually convenient time that fits within your schedule, regardless of where you may live.
- We provide rapid responses with our virtual consultation. We understand that some patients already have procedures scheduled and are seeking a second opinion for peace of mind and reassurance that the procedure that has been offered is appropriate and as least invasive as possible. Our consults can be provided in a timely fashion of receipt of your imaging data and medical records.
- With the advent of electronic medical records (EMR) and health information exchanges (HIE), your medical information personal data may be legitimately shared with more physicians, insurance companies, and even government agencies (including Medicare and Medicaid) than you may be aware of. Your conversation with our consulting physician remains entirely private and confidential.
Whether you decide to work with us or not, we strongly recommend getting a second opinion from another board certified and fellowship trained physician focused on spine and pain medicine. It’s one of the best choices you can make to ensure that your original diagnosis is the right one.
IME One is one of the select spine & pain consultation medical programs dedicated primarily to the evaluation of spine and pain conditions.
Our spine & pain physician is board certified by the American Board of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, fellowship trained in spine, pain, and electrodiagnostic medicine (EMG/NCS), and recruited from premier research hospitals including the Medical University of South Carolina, and the University of Minnesota.
As the result of years of clinical practice, our consulting physician is a progressive leader in his field. Perhaps most valuable of all, IME One is one of the select spine & pain consultative programs that offers the unique ability to discuss the subtle risks and benefits of a proposed spine and/or pain procedure personally with our consulting physician.
We understand that the multitude of spine & pain procedure options that exist to treat your spine and pain condition can be confusing and anxiety provoking. We have come to appreciate that the best spine & pain procedure outcome comes from matching the most minimally invasive spine & pain procedure to your particular lifestyle and medical condition. Having access to an objective opinion through a personal conversation with our consulting physician can be invaluable and can help you not only to maintain control in the decision making process leading to your spine procedure, but also to instill confidence that you are making the right personal decision.
If you would like to contact us, please fill out the section on “Contact Us” of this website.
- Please Fed-Ex/UPS a non-returnable CD with your Dicom MRI images and formal radiology report (and CT/X-rays if you have them), first and last two clinic notes from the following - your current spine surgeon, pain physician, physiatrist, neurologist, physical therapist, chiropractor, any EMG/NCS reports, and injection reports (e.g. epidurals, facet blocks, discogram reports), along with your phone number, email address, and mailing address, a typed, signed, brief one page description of your symptoms and any questions you would like the physician to address during your spine and/or pain history review. Please track the information sent via USPS Tracking (or similar mechanism) to ensure they arrive as scheduled. Once tracking has stated the package has arrived in our office, please notify us via the Contact US page and state your films/information have arrived for review. Your films must be sent to us as requested in order to be processed correctly and expediently. Our fee for review of this information and provision of this service is $600 (USD), is non-refundable, nor billable to your insurance provider. Payment must be made in the form of a bank cashier’s check or money order from a reputable organization (e.g. WalMart, Western Union).
- Our mailing address is: IME One, 5765-F Burke Centre Parkway, Suite 353, Burke, Virginia (USA), 22015
- Once we have your films, reports, medical records, description of symptoms, phone number, email address, mailing address, and confirmation of payment for services, we will work with you to coordinate a date/time (primarily in the evening) that a physician may call you to discuss your concerns, needs and options. Please provide a phone number you are likely to answer at all times. You may be called a maximum of three times before your request may be disqualified.
- Should we be unable to reach you, your films and information may not be returned to you. Films and all information may then be destroyed.
- Because IME One evaluates many patient requests, we have this Second Opinion program in place so that we can try to minimize your time away from home. Although uncommon, there is a possibility that your diagnosis may change after an in-office consult; all recommendations made prior to an in-person visit are preliminary only, subject to confirmation or change based upon in-person evaluation. IME One is not responsible for any costs incurred by a potential patient who, after in-person consultation, is determined for any reason not to be a candidate for further treatment from IME One, or who declines such treatment for any reason.
- The main service location for IME One is located in Virginia, USA.
Effective Date: January 1, 2023
NOTE: The services provided by IMEOne is not intended to address emergency or life-threatening medical conditions. If this is an emergency, please call 911 immediately.
This Agreement ("Agreement") and the policies referred to herein contain the terms and conditions that apply to your use of the Internet Web Site and services located at https://www.pain.md; ("Web Site") and all affiliated web sites owned, operated, licensed or controlled by PM&R Consultants, P.A. ("Company").
PLEASE READ THIS AGREEMENT CAREFULLY. THIS AGREEMENT GOVERNS YOUR USE OF THE WEB SITE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT OR ANY REVISED VERSION OF THIS AGREEMENT, PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS WEB SITE.
Your access and use of the Web Site creates a binding and enforceable legal agreement between you, the Web Site user, and Company and signifies your acceptance and consent to be bound by the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement.
About the Site
You acknowledge that although some of the content, text, data, graphics, images, information, suggestions, guidance, and other material (collectively, "Information") that is provided to you on the Site (including Information provided in direct response to your questions or postings) may be provided by individuals in the medical profession, the provision of such Information does not create a medical professional/patient relationship, and does not constitute an opinion, medical advice, or diagnosis or treatment of any particular condition, but is provided to assist you with locating appropriate medical care from a qualified practitioner.
DISCLOSURE OF MEDICAL INFORMATION
The Company takes seriously the privacy of your medical records and personal information. Accordingly, we have taken all reasonable restrictions necessary to protect your confidentiality in accordance with all applicable laws.
In addition, you authorize the Company and their respective physicians, employees, contractors, business associates and/or agents to access, review, research, analyze, discuss and copy your medical and personal information as may be necessary to provide the second opinion you request. The use of your medical information will not exceed this stated purpose, unless and until you authorize and direct such additional disclosure(s).
NO PHYSICIAN - PATIENT RELATIONSHIP
NO LICENSED MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL/PATIENT RELATIONSHIP IS CREATED BY USING INFORMATION PROVIDED BY OR THROUGH THE USE OF THE SITE, LINKS TO OTHER SITES OR ANY ASSISTANCE WE MAY PROVIDE TO HELP YOU FIND AN APPROPRIATE MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL OR SPECIALIST IN ANY FIELD.
RELIANCE ON IMEONE
You acknowledge and agree that IMEOne report should not/does not/will not in any form, shape or fashion constitute a diagnosis, medical advice, treatment, medical care or establish any physician-patient relationship. Furthermore, you understand that your treating physician(s) will remain at all times solely responsible for your diagnosis, care, treatment and evaluation of the second opinion IMEOne report. Your physician shall directly communicate to you all information contained in the IMEOne report.
PAYMENT OF FEES
You acknowledge that you or any authorized individual acting on your behalf and who is requesting the second opinion report is responsible for all fees charged by IMEOne for the services hereunder (including, but not limited to, fees for professional radiology services). You understand that you or your authorized agent must pay these fees in advance, and that it is your responsibility to pursue any third-party insurance reimbursement at your own expense, if any. You have been informed that you have the option to withdraw consent for this second opinion report at any time. However, if you withdraw your consent after payment is made, you will remain responsible for the full amount. No money shall be refunded after services are issued.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY
You further release and hold harmless IMEOne and its/their respective physicians, employees, contractors, business associates and/or agents for any harm, claim, injury or damages of any kind including, but not limited to, compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damage, directly or indirectly, as result of any and all uses of the services hereunder and any review, interpretation or analysis or and/or reliance on any and all second opinion radiology reports. Although every effort will be made to generate a second opinion report in reasonably timely fashion, IMEOne makes no representation or warranty as to the timeframe in which such second opinion report will be generated.
RESTRICTIONS ON USE
Unless otherwise noted, all materials, including images, illustrations, designs, icons, photographs, video clips and written and other materials that are part of Company or Company's Website(s) are copyrights, trademarks, trade dress and/or other intellectual property owned, controlled or licensed by Company. No material from Company's Website(s) or any other Company web site may be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted or distributed in any way, except with express written consent of Company. In addition, you shall not commit any of the following acts through use of Company's Website(s): a. transmit any content that is invasive of another's privacy or otherwise objectionable; b. use foul language or post links to adult-oriented content; c. transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes" or any other form of unrequested solicitation; d. post advertising messages or solicitations, URLs containing a referral code or referral address, or links to businesses or pages with advertising, including "blind" or "hidden" referral links; or e. collect, store, use or disseminate personal data or information about other users in any manner whatsoever, including but not limited to, solicitation of products or services by mail, telephone or e-mail (e.g. e-mail addresses).
IMEOne grants you a limited license to access and make personal use of www.mymedicalimages.com and not to download or modify it, or any portion of it. This license does not include any resale or commercial use of www.mymedicalimages.com or its contents; any collection and use of any advertisements, descriptions or prices; any derivative use of www.mymedicalimages.com or its contents; any downloading or copying of account information for the benefit of another merchant; or any use of data mining, robots, or similar automated data gathering and extraction tools. You may not frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo or other proprietary information (including images, text, page layout or form) of Company or our affiliates without express written consent. You may not use any meta tags or any other "hidden text" utilizing Company's name or trademarks without the express written consent of Company. Any unauthorized use terminates the permission or license granted by Company. You are granted a limited, revocable, and nonexclusive right to create a hyperlink to the home page of Company so long as the link does not portray Company, its affiliates, or their products or services in a false, misleading, derogatory or otherwise offensive manner. You may not use any Company logo or other proprietary graphic or trademark as part of the link without express written permission.
To the extent that Company's site contains links to outside services and resources, Company does not control the availability and content of those outside services and resources. Any concerns regarding any such service or resource, or any link thereto, should be directed to the particular service or resource.
In addition to any and all remedies at law or in equity, any intentional violation of this Agreement shall give Company the right to immediately suspend or cancel its services to, and business relationship with, you.
CHANGES TO POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
The Company reserves the right at any time, with or without notice, to change, alter, modify or delete any of its policies, procedures, terms of service, website content, fees and/or notices. Please check this Agreement periodically for changes. Continued use of the Web Site following the posting of changes to this Agreement shall mean you have read and accept such changes.
We make the Site available as a service to consumers and health care professionals for the purposes of providing an informative and educational resource. We may, but have no obligation to, have nonuser-posted information reviewed by the Site's editorial personnel.
It is important to note, however, that the timeliness and accuracy of any or all of the Information is not guaranteed. Neither the authors, the editorial personnel, nor any other party who has been involved in the preparation or publication of this work can assure you that the Information contained herein is in every respect accurate or complete, and they are not responsible for any errors or omissions or for the results obtained from the use of such information.
You are encouraged to independently confirm the Information contained herein with other sources and to seek the advice of a qualified physician.
PROCEDURES / PRODUCTS / SERVICES
The procedures, products, services and devices discussed and/or advertised within the Site are not applicable to all individuals, patients or all clinical situations. We make no claims as to the effectiveness of any such procedures, products, services and devices. Any products and/or services represented on the Site by advertisers, sponsors, and other Site participants, either paid or unpaid, are presented for your awareness and do not necessarily imply appropriateness for any particular individual or prediction of effectiveness, outcome or success.
As part of the registration process, you may provide an e-mail address and create a password. These are your credentials for accessing the Services that are only available to members ("Credentials"). You should keep your Credentials private and not share your Credentials with anyone else.
YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
In order to register, you must provide certain personal and medical information about yourself. You may voluntarily submit, and hereby authorize IMEOne, its employees, agents and others operating on its behalf, to use and/or disclose personal and health-related information about you, including, without limitation, your name, address, social security number and contact information; medical and social history; current medical needs; and other information that is either requested by IMEOne or volunteered by you ("Personal Information"). You have the right to refuse to authorize the use and/or disclosure of your Personal Information. However if you chose to exercise this right, you may not be able to utilize some features of the Site.
Even though the Services are provided free of charge, the usual and customary charges for any medical services rendered by collaborating physicians profiled on the Site will apply and will be entirely your responsibility.
You are responsible for all use of the Site and for all use of your Credentials, including use by others to whom you have given your Credentials. You may use the Site and the Services for lawful, non-commercial purposes only. You may not use the Site in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair our servers or networks, or interfere with any other party's use and enjoyment of the Site or the Services. You may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any of the Services, user accounts, or computer systems or networks, through hacking, password mining or any other means. Without limiting any of the foregoing, you agree that you shall not (and you agree not to allow any third party to):
- copy, modify, adapt, translate, or reverse engineer any portion of the Site, its content or materials and/or the Services;
- remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in or on the Site and/or the Services or in or on any content or other material obtained via the Site and/or the Services;
- use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other automated device, process or means to access, retrieve or index any portion of the Site and/or the Services;
- access, retrieve or index any portion of the Site and/or the Services for purposes of constructing or populating a searchable database of reviews related to the health care industry or medical physicians;
- reformat or frame any portion of the web pages that are part of the Site and/or the Services;
- fraudulently misuse the Services by scheduling an appointment with a physician which you have no intention of keeping;
- create user accounts by automated means or under false or fraudulent pretenses; or
- collect or store personal data about other users in connection with the prohibited activities described in this paragraph.
Changes to the Services
Links to Other Sites
The Site may include links to other websites, including links provided as automated search results. Some of these sites may contain materials that are objectionable, unlawful, or inaccurate. These links are provided for your convenience only and do not mean that we support/endorse/recommend these sites or the products and services they provide. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible or liable for the content or accuracy of these other sites.
You may not use contact information provided by our users or collaborating physicians, or harvest such information for the purpose of sending, or to facilitate the sending, of unsolicited bulk communications such as SPAM. You may not allow others to use your account to violate the terms of this section. We may terminate your membership or access to the Site immediately and take other legal action if you or anyone using your Credentials violates these provisions.
Content You Post or Submit
You may have the opportunity to submit feedback regarding your experiences with physicians who are featured on the Site, to submit inquiries concerning possible medical needs and to participate in the other interactive and community features of the Site (collectively "Posted Information"). It is important that you act responsibly when providing Posted Information. In providing feedback, please give clear, honest information about the physician and your experiences, but do not use inappropriate language, make gratuitous personal criticisms or comments or provide information that others could use to determine your identity. When participating in other interactive or community aspects of the Service, please do not post any information that another user or physician may use to identify you as an individual, but please do include all relevant information in a concise manner to help us provide you with a helpful response.
We reserve the right to publish your Posted Information as part of the Service and to also to remove your Posted Information for any reason. We are not, however, responsible for any failure or delay in removing Posted Information. Keep in mind that the Posted Information of others is simply opinion and should not be relied on. In addition:
- You are solely responsible for any Posted Information that you submit, publish or display on the Site or transmit to other members and/or other users of the Site.
- You may not post, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. You may not submit any content or material that infringes, misappropriates or violates the intellectual property, publicity, privacy or other rights of any party.
- You may not provide any Posted Content that falsely expresses or implies that such content or material is sponsored or endorsed by IMEOne.
- You may not provide any Posted Content that is unlawful or that promotes or encourages illegal activity.
- You agree that you will only provide Posted Content that you believe to be true and you will not purposely provide false or misleading information.
- By posting Posted Content on the Site, you agree to and hereby do grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, IMEOne its contractors, and the users of the Site an irrevocable, perpetual, royalty-free, fully sublicensable, fully paid up, worldwide license to use, copy, publicly perform, digitally perform, publicly display, and distribute such Posted Content and to adapt, edit, translate, prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such Posted Content. This license is non-exclusive, except you agree that IMEOne shall have the exclusive right to practice this license to the extent of combining your Posted Content with the Posted Content of other IMEOne users for purposes of constructing or populating a searchable database of reviews and information related to the health care industry.
- The following is a partial list of the kind of content and communications that are illegal or prohibited on/through the Site. IMEOne reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action in its sole discretion against anyone who violates this provision, including without limitation, removing the offending communication from the Services and terminating the membership of such violators or blocking your use of the Services and/or the Site. You may not post content that:
- is false or intentionally misleading;
- harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
- involves the transmission of unsolicited mass mailing or "spamming";
- violates the intellectual property or other rights of any person;
- is threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous; or
- is pornographic or sexually explicit in nature.
Your Use of Content
Except for Posted Content that you or any other visitors to the Site submit, all of the Information available on or through the Services and/or the Site, including without limitation, text, photographs, graphics and video and audio content, is owned by us and our licensors and is protected by copyright, trademark, patent, and trade secret laws, other proprietary rights, and international treaties. You acknowledge that the Services and any underlying technology or software used in connection with the Services contain IMEOne's proprietary information. We give you permission to use the aforementioned content for personal, non-commercial purposes only and do not transfer any intellectual property rights to you by virtue of permitting your use of the Services. You may print, download, and store information from the Site for your own convenience, but you may not copy, distribute, republish (except as permitted in this paragraph), sell, or exploit any of the content, or exploit the Site in whole or in part, for any commercial gain or purpose whatsoever. Except as is expressly and unambiguously provided herein, IMEOne and its suppliers do not grant you any express or implied rights, and all rights in the Site and the Services not expressly granted by IMEOne to you are retained by IMEOne
Disclaimer of Warranties
WE PROVIDE THE SITE AND THE SERVICES "AS IS", "WITH ALL FAULTS" AND "AS AVAILABLE." WE MAKE NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR GUARANTEES ABOUT THE SERVICES. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING ALL STATUTORY WARRANTIES, WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICES AND THE SITE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY WARRANTIES THAT THE SERVICES ARE MERCHANTABLE, OF SATISFACTORY QUALITY, ACCURATE, FIT FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NEED, OR NON-INFRINGING. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICES WILL BE EFFECTIVE, RELIABLE OR ACCURATE OR WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT YOU WILL BE ABLE TO ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICES (EITHER DIRECTLY OR THROUGH THIRD-PARTY NETWORKS) AT TIMES OR LOCATIONS OF YOUR CHOOSING. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, TIMELINESS OR COMPLETENESS OF INFORMATION PROVIDED BY USERS OF THE SITE OR ANY OTHER DATA OR INFORMATION PROVIDED OR RECEIVED THROUGH THE SITE. EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY SET FORTH HEREIN, IMEOne MAKES NO WARRANTIES ABOUT THE INFORMATION SYSTEMS, SOFTWARE AND FUNCTIONS MADE ACCESSIBLE THROUGH THE SITE OR ANY OTHER SECURITY ASSOCIATED WITH THE TRANSMISSION OF SENSITIVE INFORMATION. IMEOne DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITE OR THE SERVICES WILL OPERATE ERROR-FREE, THAT LOSS OF DATA WILL NOT OCCUR, OR THAT THE SERVICES SOFTWARE OR SITE ARE FREE OF COMPUTER VIRUSES, CONTAMINANTS OR OTHER HARMFUL ITEMS.
General Limitation of Liability
YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR ANY DISPUTE WITH US IS THE CANCELLATION OF YOUR REGISTRATION. IN NO EVENT SHALL OUR TOTAL CUMULATIVE LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS RELATING TO OR ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES OR THE SITE, REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION, EXCEED THE GREATER OF: (A) THE TOTAL AMOUNT OF FEES, IF ANY, THAT YOU PAID TO UTILIZE THE SITE OR THE SERVICES OR (B) $100. IN NO EVENT SHALL WE BE LIABLE TO YOU (OR TO ANY THIRD PARTY CLAIMING UNDER OR THROUGH YOU) FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SITE AND/OR THE SERVICES. THESE EXCLUSIONS APPLY TO ANY CLAIMS FOR LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA, LOSS OF GOODWILL, WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, ANY OTHER COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES, OR MEDICAL MALPRACTICE OR NEGLIGENCE OF PHYSICIANS UTILIZED THROUGH USE OF THE SERVICE, EVEN IF WE KNEW OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. BECAUSE SOME STATES OR JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, IN SUCH STATES OR JURISDICTIONS, OUR LIABILITY SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Choice of Law and Dispute Resolution
Informed Consent of Services
Telemedicine involves the use of electronic communications to enable healthcare providers at different locations to share individual patient medical information for the purpose of improving patient care. Providers may include primary care practitioners, specialists, and/or subspecialists. The information may be used for diagnosis, therapy, follow-up and/or education, and may include any of the following:
- Patient medical records
- Medical images
- Live two-way audio and video
- Output data from medical devices and sound and video files
Electronic systems used will incorporate network and software security protocols to protect the confidentiality of patient identification and imaging data and will include measures to safeguard the data and to ensure its integrity against intentional or unintentional corruption.
Responsibility for the patient care should remain with the patient's local clinician, if you have one, as does the patient's medical record.
Improved access to medical care by enabling a patient to remain in his/her local healthcare site (i.e. home) while the physician consults and obtains test results at distant/other sites.
More efficient medical evaluation and management.
Obtaining expertise of a specialist.
As with any medical procedure, there are potential risks associated with the use of telemedicine. These risks include, but may not be limited to: In rare cases, the consultant may determine that the transmitted information is of inadequate quality, thus necessitating a face-to-face meeting with the patient, or at least a rescheduled video consult; Delays in medical evaluation and treatment could occur due to deficiencies or failures of the equipment; In very rare instances, security protocols could fail, causing a breach of privacy of personal medical information; In rare cases, a lack of access to complete medical records may result in adverse drug interactions or allergic reactions or other judgment errors;
By checking the box associated with "Informed Consent", You acknowledge that you understand and agree with the following:
- I understand that the laws that protect privacy and the confidentiality of medical information also apply to telemedicine, and that no information obtained in the use of telemedicine, which identifies me, will be disclosed to researchers or other entities without my consent.
- I understand that I have the right to withhold or withdraw my consent to the use of telemedicine in the course of my care at any time, without affecting my right to future care or treatment.
- I understand the alternatives to telemedicine consultation as they have been explained to me, and in choosing to participate in a telemedicine consultation, I understand that some parts of the exam involving physical tests may be conducted by individuals at my location, or at a testing facility, at the direction of the consulting physician
- I understand that telemedicine may involve electronic communication of my personal medical information to other physicians and/or non-physician practitioners, who may be located in other areas, including out of state.
- I understand that I may expect the anticipated benefits from the use of telemedicine in my care, but that no results can be guaranteed or assured.
- I understand that my healthcare information may be shared with other individuals for scheduling and billing purposes. Others may also be present during the consultation other than my physician and consulting physician in order to operate the video equipment. The above mentioned people will all maintain confidentiality of the information obtained. I further understand that I will be informed of their presence in the consultation and thus will have the right to request the following: (1) omit specific details of my medical history/physical examination that are personally sensitive to me; (2) ask non-medical personnel to leave the telemedicine examination room; and/or (3) terminate the consultation at any time.
Patient Consent To The Use of Telemedicine
I have read and understand the information provided above regarding telemedicine, have discussed it with my physician or such assistants as may be designated, and all of my questions have been answered to my satisfaction.
I have read this document carefully, and understand the risks and benefits of the teleconferencing consultation and have had my questions regarding the procedure explained and I hereby give my informed consent to participate in a telemedicine visit under the terms described herein