The bedrock of the consultative spine and pain medicine program at IME One, is a comprehensive patient history, review of MRI/CT/Xray scans, past diagnostics, treatments, and the patient’s response to the various treatments.
The IME One MRI Review program is provided to those individuals who reside significantly outside of the Virginia locale. Individuals who may not have local access to the highest level of personalized care have the ability to be treated by a highly skilled and fellowship trained physician at IME One. The reputable team at IME One includes a Physatrist multiply trained in both physical medicine & rehabilitation, interventional pain management, spinal medicine, and electrodiagnostics (EMG/NCS).
Our experience and expertise includes, but is not limited to, the following: herniated discs, sciatica/radiculopathy, spinal stenosis, spinal compression fractures, and spinal arthritis. Many procedures may be conducted on an outpatient basis via image guidance, inclusive of selective spinal interventions such as epidural steroid injections, facet joint medial branch blocks, as well as advanced procedures such as vertebral augmentation (e.g. Kyphoplasty/Vertebroplasty), radiofrequency neuroablation, percutaneous discectomy, endoscopic spine medicine, and spinal cord neuromodulation. However, a formal diagnosis may not be given until the patient has been seen in person.
At IME One, we do not have a technician, assistant or other non-physician/non US-credentialed physician review patient films over the phone with the patient. Each potential patient’s films are reviewed by a board-certified or board-eligible physician. The physician may then personally call, answer questions, and discuss possible treatment options – including non-surgical options – based upon a preliminary interpretation of the MRI/CT/Xray scan, patient provided history, and past medical/injection/surgical treatment.
Our IME One physician strives to provide the most personalized, least invasive and highest-quality care to all patients whether through minimally invasive or non-operative treatment modalities. While the goal of our personalized care may include a minimally invasive procedure allowing for minimal time away from home, the best suited care for a particular individual may take more or less time. During this time some patients suffering from spine-related conditions and injuries such as arthritis, herniated discs, failed back surgery and spinal stenosis may be relieved from pain using state-of-the-art, technologically advanced, minimally invasive, spine procedures performed by our IME One physician.
- Please Fed-Ex/UPS a non-returnable CD with your Dicom MRI images and formal radiology report (and CT/X-rays if you have them), along with your phone number, email address, and mailing address, a typed, signed, brief one page description of your symptoms and any questions you would like the physician to address during your MRI/CT/Xray and treatment history review. Please track the films via USPS Tracking (or similar mechanism) to ensure they arrive as scheduled. Your films must be sent to as requested in order to be processed correctly and expediently. Our fee for review of this information and provision of this service is $600 (USD), is non-refundable, nor billable to your insurance provider. Payment must be made in the form of a bank cashier’s check or money order from a reputable organization (e.g. WalMart, Western Union).
- Our mailing address is: IME One, 5765-F Burke Centre Parkway, Suite 353, Burke, Virginia (USA), 22015
- Once we have your films, report, medical records, description of symptoms, phone number, email address, mailing address, and confirmation of payment for services, a physician will strive to call you to discuss your concerns, needs and options. Please provide a phone number you are likely to answer at all times, as it is not possible to pre-determine when a physician may call you due to clinic and emergency cases. You may be called a maximum of three times before your request may be disqualified.
- Should you choose not to schedule an office visit to begin spine and pain medicine care proceedings, or if that is your recommended treatment, your films and information may not be returned to you. Films and all information may then be destroyed.
- If you decide to schedule an in-office appointment for a formal diagnosis you may be sent a checklist to follow in order to proceed.
- Because IME One evaluates many patient requests, we have this MRI Review program in place so that we can try to minimize your time away from home. Although uncommon, there is a possibility that your diagnosis may change after your in-office consult; all recommendations made prior to the in-person visit are preliminary only, subject to confirmation or change based upon in-person evaluation. IME One is not responsible for any costs incurred by a potential patient who, after in-person consultation, is determined for any reason not to be a candidate for further treatment from IME One, or who declines such treatment for any reason.
- The main service location for IME One is located in Virginia, USA.
* All patients are evaluated in-person before treatment is provided and medical conditions are unique to each individual. While the goal of IME One is to minimize out-of-area time for patients, there are certain circumstances that may arise which necessitate a prolonged or extensive preoperative work-up, such as for potential cardiac clearance. Preoperative work-up, patient informed consent and release, and patient follow-up will vary for each patient and each procedure, and prospective patients should be prepared for the possibility that they may not be able to return home as quickly as they would like. Some procedures require follow-up serial imaging such as MRI/CT/X-rays and in-person evaluations for up to two years or more. In addition, the patient may require much more than outpatient surgical intervention. These potential issues are beyond our control and may not be evident from the preliminary MRI/CT/Xray, medical history review. IME One reserves the right to decline to provide treatment based on a telephone consultation or the in-person evaluation, and cannot guarantee that a patient’s treatment will be completed within a specified time frame, regardless of the physician’s preliminary interpretation of the MRI/CT/Xray and medical history review. IME One is not responsible for any additional costs incurred due to a stay that exceeds the initial expected stay. Our IME One physician is specifically reviewing your case with regards to spine and pain issues and NOT other organs, tissues or potentially related or unrelated problems. Our IME One physician is NOT a radiologist and you are strongly advised to have your films formally read by a radiologist and for you to review that information and act on it accordingly. We may not have the radiology report available to us and even if we do, we do not always review that information; and we are not responsible for issues that were or were not picked up or identified by a radiologist.
Informational Purposes Only. Our MRI review is provided for general informational purposes only and does not constitute a diagnosis or create a physician-patient relationship. A diagnosis may only be made after you undergo a physical exam and thorough evaluation, and meet in-person with a the IME One Physician to discuss your plan of care. Every individual’s situation is unique, and specific individual details as revealed in a physical examination are necessary in the formulation of a diagnosis and medical advice. As such, neither the MRI review nor the subsequent telephone consultation constitute medical advice or create a physician-patient relationship, nor are they substitutes for a physical examination with an appropriate medical professional. IME One's physician and other medical professionals are licensed to practice medicine only in Virginia, and they do not practice medicine or offer medical advice over the phone or internet. You agree not to rely solely on the MRI review and/or subsequent telephone consultation in making decisions related to your health and you should directly consult an appropriate medical professional for medical advice related to your specific concerns and circumstances. No physician-patient relationship is created or intended between any person and any physician solely by conducting the MRI review. Neither IME One nor any healthcare professional has, by providing the MRI review, or responding to the MRI submission form, agreed to accept responsibility for the care of any patient.
Medical Clearance and Risk. IME One's interventional procedures are reserved for those patients who have been medically cleared according to the professional judgment of the IME One physician performing the procedure. Your IME One physician will work with your physicians to ensure appropriate testing to make this determination. The initial MRI review is a preliminary informational review and additional testing may be necessary, which IME One will assist you in facilitating with a third party provider. Even with appropriate medical clearance, every interventional procedure carries some level of risk, which your IME One physician will thoroughly discuss with you during the final pre-surgery review in order to assist you in making an informed decision whether to proceed with your procedure.
Results not guaranteed. Through the provision of the MRI review, IME One does not warranty/guarantee/assure/predict a particular result and you accept and understand that individual results, treatment, and recovery times may vary, and will be based on many variables. Any examples or statements made through our Website are only estimates or illustrations of what may be possible. There can be no assurance as to any particular health outcome based on the use of our Website.
Insurance Non-participation. IME One does not currently participate with any third party payer, including Medicaid and Medicare.
Personal Health Information and Limitation of Liability. Your personal health information may be shared with employees, physicians, and business associates of IME One. By sharing your personal health information, including sending your MRI and filling out the MRI submission form, you acknowledge and accept IME One's Privacy Practices [with hyperlink]. If you do not accept our Privacy Practices, please do not submit any personal information to IME ONe. By providing your contact information, you acknowledge and accept that you may be contacted by a IME One representative using the contact information provided in order to provide you information regarding IME One's services. By providing a mobile number, you further acknowledge and accept that you may receive text messages (SMS) from IME One. You are advised that all such messages, however received, are informational and/or transactional in nature, and do not constitute medical advice or create a physician-patient relationship. IME One DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY ASSOCIATED WITH ERRORS IN TRANSMISSION OR ANY ACTIVITIES OF UNAUTHORIZED USERS OR HACKERS ASSOCIATED WITH THESE COMMUNICATION CHANNELS.WE HAVE SECURITY MEASURES IN PLACE TO PREVENT LOSS, MISUSE, AND ALTERATION OF INFORMATION OBTAINED FROM YOU, BUT DUE TO THE NATURE OF THE INTERNET, WE CANNOT COMPLETELY ENSURE OR WARRANT THE SECURITY OF ANY INFORMATION TRANSMITTED TO US OR BY US THROUGH THESE COMMUNICATION CHANNELS.
Disclaimer of Warranty and Limitation of Liability. IME One, ITS EMPLOYEES AND THIRD PARTY AFFILIATES CANNOT AND DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE SECURE CLOUD IN WHICH YOUR MRI MAY BE SUBMITTED IS ERROR OR VIRUS-FREE. IME One DOES NOT GUARANTEE ACCESS TO THE CLOUD, NOR DOES IT GUARANTEE AGAINST ACCESS BY AND ANY ACTIVITIES OF UNAUTHORIZED USERS OR HACKERS OF THE CLOUD. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE CLOUD IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. WE HAVE SECURITY MEASURES IN PLACE TO PREVENT LOSS, MISUSE, AND ALTERATION OF INFORMATION OBTAINED FROM YOU, BUT DUE TO THE NATURE OF THE INTERNET, WE CANNOT COMPLETELY ENSURE OR WARRANT THE SECURITY OF ANY INFORMATION TRANSMITTED TO US THROUGH THE CLOUD. SUBMITTING INFORMATION IS DONE AT YOUR OWN RISK. TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, IME One DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IME One IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM THE USE OF THE CLOUD, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. IF YOU ARE NOT SATISFIED WITH ANY ASPECTS OF THE CLOUD OR THESE TERMS, YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS TO REFRAIN FROM USING IT.