Ashish G. Shanbhag, M.D.
SpineHealer | PainTerminator
For all clinic appointments and inquiries, please call to request an appointment
We are happy to hear from you. Please contact us using the information below (no medical information/advice will be provided via this email. Please DO NOT contact us via this method for medical inquiries, advice, recommendations, or medical emergencies).
National Spine & Pain Centers
14605 Potomac Branch Drive
Woodbridge, Virginia 22191
We are onFacebook, click here to find out more.
Please arrive 30 minutes early for your Appointment for registration and to fill in a health questionnaire.
When you come for your appointments, please remember to bring the following
- Drivers License or a valid ID
- Insurance information
- Referral Letter (if required)
- Reports, X-rays, MRI's, CT scans etc and any other relevant information
- List of medications (if any)
To cancel an appointment
Telephone the office during business hours and allow at least 1 day's notice so that we can offer your appointment time to patients on our waiting list.
We recognise that your time is valuable, and we make every effort to run on time. Occasionally emergencies or patients require a little more time, and these cause scheduling delays beyond our control. We apologise if we keep you waiting.
All life-threatening emergencies are best handled at the hospital emergency center. In the case of non – emergencies, you should call our office and explain the situation.
When the office is closed call the office number, and our answering service will contact our physician on call for the evening, weekend or holiday.
Please arrive thirty minutes early for your appointment for registration and to complete a health questionnaire
When you come for your appointment please remember to obtain and bring the following:
- Government Issued Photo Identification: Drivers License or a valid ID.
- Insurance information – please bring your updated information.
- Referral Letter from your referral source.
- Medical Records (Referral Source): First and last two clinic notes from your referral source.
- Medical Records (Family Physician): First and last two clinic notes.
- Medical Records (Pain Physician): If you have seen a pain physician recently/previously for your pain problem, we will need the following information – first and last two clinic notes, all injection/procedure/EMGNCS/operative reports, prescription medication history, and urine drug screen.
- Medical Records (Surgeon): Copies of all surgical reports related to your spine or orthopedic pain problem.
- Medical Records (Physiatrist and/or Neurologist): Copies of all Electrodiagnostic (EMG/NCS) medicine reports.
- Radiology: Copies of spine and/or joint X-rays, MRI’s, CT scans, Musculoskeletal Ultrasound, Bone Scans, Dexa Scan, etc and any other relevant information – please bring the actual films (on discs) and formal radiology reports.
- Medical Records (Procedure/Injection): Copy of all procedure/injection reports, e.g. spine, joint, nerve, muscle, tendon, ligament, soft tissue.
- Medications: List of medications (printout from your pharmacy(s) for the last twelve months).
- List of Allergies.
- Laboratory Results: Most recent results of your Comprehensive Metabolic Profile, Lipid/Thyroid/Liver/Kidney Profiles, Serum Testosterone, Serum Estrogen, Serum Vitamin D, & CBC. Normally these will be available from your family physician.
- Clothing: Shorts and T shirt (to wear during the examination).
- Interpreter (If you cannot speak/understand English or a Sign Language interpreter if hearing impaired).
Click here to download printable format
To cancel an appointment
Telephone the office during business hours and allow at least 1 day’s notice so that we can offer your appointment time to patients on our waiting list.
We recognize that your time is valuable, and we make every effort to run on time. Occasionally emergencies or patients require a little more time, and these cause scheduling delays beyond our control. We apologize if we keep you waiting.
You will need the Adobe Reader to view and print these documents.